Angels are truly universal. The Pew Foundation reported that 72% of Americans believe in angels. This is a much higher percentage than Americans who believe in any world religion, because angels are fundamental to most of the world’s major religions. We find them in Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Mormonism and many other spiritual traditions.
St. Augustine, an authority on Angels, said, “Make friends with angels.” He recommended that we make personal relationships with angels and that we let our relationships with them deepen, much as we would with any important, intimate relationship.
Asking an angel for help is one of our most powerful spiritual practices. We can ask the angels for immediate help at any time and in any place. Here are some techniques that will help you:
1) Ask for help – Angels offer us help 24/7. The more receptive we are, the more help they can give us. If you diminish your receptivity you limit the angels ability to help you. Create your own invocations, or prayers, that specifically call for the help you need. Realize that when you call upon an angel, what really happens is that you open yourself into greater receptivity to their assistance.
When asking for help, it’s important to realize yourself as fully worthy of angelic assistance. Angels work with everyone regardless of personal histories and beliefs. Angels are infinite and omnipresent, your request does not diminish them in any way, nor does it affect their ability to help the rest of us at the same time. They exist beyond our experience of time and space and respond to everyone with complete unconditional love.
2) Connect with your inner divine child as you call upon the angels and ask for help. Your inner divine child is whole, innocent and true and recognizes angels as trustworthy gifts of the Creator. This will help create openness, receptivity, excitement, eagerness and wonder as you prepare to receive the gift your angels have prepared for you.
3) Hand everything over to the angels when you ask for their help: every issue, problem, worry and fear as well as every good intention and positive outcome you imagine as the result of your request. Release all expectations of how your request will be answered.
4) Express Appreciation and Gratitude. Find and express genuine appreciation and gratitude for things exactly as they are. If you are struggling with this, ask the angels to help you to find the love that is present in whatever difficulty you are facing. Have patience with this and let go of any expectation of how this love may be revealed to you.
5) Know that it is done. Every request is answered and help is always given. If you fear that your request will not be answered, then also ask for help in understanding. Trust that you will see the love in every answered prayer. You are known completely and loved unconditionally by the angels and nothing that will serve you is ever withheld from you.
6) Act quickly on the guidance you receive. Accept the opportunity and act upon it immediately. Angelic help is infinite and unlimited, you can not use it up or run out of it. You cannot ask for “too much” and the angels are joyously happy to give to you without limit. The faster you act, the faster you receive more assistance!
7) Celebrate yourself exactly as you are in the moment. Leave any critical judgments or negative feelings about yourself, your life, or others in the hands of the angels for healing. Even if it is just for a few moments, let go of everything that is not of love for yourself and everything around you. In this moment of surrender much more can be done for you by the angels than you can accomplish on your own. Thank yourself and the angels for deepening the relationship between you.
Hopefully this article gave you some helpful steps to connect more deeply with your Angels for help and assistance. Remember, Angels will be at your side with every step you take today. Angels are always with us and are eager to help.
Even when you feel as though you are completely alone, there are divine companions who are always with you. Before your incarnation they chose to accompany you through your lifetime, from the moment of your first breath, until your last. Spirit guides are highly evolved beings that have completed the cycle of birth and death in the physical plane and are now serving as teachers and guides to further elevate their vibrations. They are as “real” as you are, they are just vibrating at another level and reside in another plane of existence.
They work to guide you by working through your dreams and intuition. That quiet voice you hear is often the voice of your teachers and guides. They may also make themselves known to you through signs and symbols. For me, when I am at a crossroads in my life or journeying through a personal or emotional challenge, I find feathers everywhere. I also see feather tattoos, hawks, and hear certain songs. It is a reminder for me to be still and listen to the guidance of my own personal guides. The feathers are representative of the energy of my guides, one being a powerful Shaman and the others are from the angelic realm.
Some individuals have one guide and others have multitudes, much of this depends on the path and purpose of your life. For instance, a teacher/professor may have several guides, one to guide them through the academic nature of their profession and others to assist them with the great emotional requirements of performing such an important task. Much of who your guides are is indicative of your own personal journey through life.
Spirit guides are almost never a loved one who has passed away. Although our loved ones stay with us in spirit and we can contact them, they do not serve the same role as a “spirit guide”. Some individuals have archangels and angels as spirit guides who are always with them. Yet, the presence of angels does not always mean they are your spirit guides. Angels can be called in times of distress to assist you for a short time. If you have an archangel or angel as a guide, chances are your mission in life is a complex one. Through my experience with being a psychic reader and spiritual teacher, I have found that individuals with a challenging life path often have angels as spirit guides.
Your spirit guide is always with you, whether you acknowledge their presence or not. You cannot call them to you or send them away, they are part of you and your journey. However, you can choose to gain the knowledge of who they are and what their role in your life is. You can interact with your spirit guides in a more proactive way. If you want to know who your guides are, just ask. Get in a quiet and meditative space and ask that they reveal themselves to you. Do not get discouraged if you do not figure it out right away. Beings from the spiritual realm often communicate through signs and symbols. Once you ask, you must trust your own wisdom. Pay attention to the pictures that appear in your mind. If you see a man in a suit, stay with that, it could be he is a philosopher or scientist. You may see a Native American, a Buddhist monk or you may see nothing at all. Keep your mind and intuition open. Pay attention to things that keep coming up after you have asked that they reveal who they are. If you are having a challenge discovering who they are you can also contact a professional psychic/intuitive to assist you.
Working with your spirit guides can be an incredible tool for your own personal and spiritual growth. Unlike beings who are in the physical, their wisdom and advice is not influenced by the “world”. They dwell in a higher vibrational plane and the mundane particulars of your situation are not relevant. For example, if you seek guidance from your spirit guide regarding a relationship, they will lead you to focus on what you are learning, what you need to learn, what you are teaching your partner, and what is the true meaning of your relationship. The fact that they leave the toilet seat up or are terrible at budgeting the household finances will be irrelevant. The information that you will be provided with will be actions that YOU can take to gain more understanding. You can also ask your spirit guides to assist you in physical healing. Before you go to sleep, ask that as you are sleeping, you receive healing.
You are never alone. Never. Take faith in knowing and understanding that there is so much magic and mystery in this life. Just for a moment let the “world” disappear. Raise your vibration and allow the beautiful gifts of spirit wash over you. Life is so much more than what we see. Open your spiritual eyes and hearts and you will discover a world of wisdom, beauty and peace that you never knew existed. Of course, you can always choose to not believe. It is always your choice. But, why not? Why not step into another level of existence? Why not believe in magic? You do not have to announce it to the office, but you can embrace the wonders of spirit in your own heart. It will envelope you in a light of love and understanding, and will mysteriously transform you to a more connected and loving being.